- Now accepting mens clothing! Limited to 150 pieces.
- Clothing limits: each seller is limited to a maximum of 150 ladies clothing items and 150 mens clothing items. Duplicate seller accounts will be deleted.
Sale & shopping details:
- Bring us your BEST items. Our shoppers are looking for high quality, gently used items in excellent condition and current styles. Items must be 3 years old or less. Price competitively and only bring in items that you would buy at a price you would be willing to pay.
- All items will be inspected during check-in to ensure that our sales floor contains high quality, gently used items. We reserve the right to reject any item that does not meet our quality standards or that is not tagged in accordance with our guidelines.
- Minimum price $2. Combine similar items into groups if you like.
- Consignors earn 60 - 70% of their sold items less $9.50 non-refundable consignor fee.
- This is NOT a yard sale event. We operate similar to a consignment/resale store except we are a large 2 day event. Shoppers won't need to go from table to table...our sales floor is setup similar to a department store with similar items grouped together for shopping ease and convenience. There will be no price haggling, items are priced/tagged by our consignors at the best and final price. Shop early for best selection. Items marked Discount Yes by the consignor will be 50% off on Sunday from 9am - 2pm.
- Payment methods: Cash and Visa/MC/Discover accepted (debit/credit card with photo ID required). No personal or business checks accepted.
- Doors close promptly at 2pm on Sunday and any items purchased and held for later pick up MUST be picked up BEFORE 12 noon on Sunday. Any shopper held items not picked up by 12 noon on Sunday 10/04/2015 will be donated REGARDLESS of payment status.
How to participate as a consignor:
- Register & pay online a non-refundable $9.50 registration fee
- Gather & prepare items to sell
- Enter items into your inventory & print tags using our online tagging system.
- Attach tags to items (while double checking items for quality & recalls)
- Increase your sales % by fulfilling one or two 4 hour shifts.
BONUS: team members shop pre-sale first! Sign up for a shift online via your consignor online account, click "Volunteer" and open time slots appear
- Choose drop off appointment
Log into your online account, click on Check-in, open time slots appear Bring your inventory report & tagged items to sale location
If you are selling 300 items or more you must select a check in time before 3pm.
- Pickup unsold items on Sunday between 3 - 4:30pm (or donate to charity). Any item left at 4:30 will be donated.
- Check will be mailed to you within 10 days of sale end.
Consignor info & benefits:
- Opportunity to clean the house of outgrown clutter and turn it into quick cash!
- Earn up to 70% of your sales
- Early shopping opportunities to affordably restock your closets, home and toy boxes.
- Set your own prices with no haggling, yard sale work, meeting strangers or online sale hassles.
- You don't have to be present to sell but we hope you'll join our team and enjoy some fun "mommy time."
- Track your sales & inventory. At the end of each day we post your sales to your account.
- Donate your unsold items to charity. We’ll handle donation delivery & you get receipt and tax deduction. Our local charities thank you!
- WHITE cardstock (aka cover stock) paper. Available at WalMart or Staples.
- Tagging gun (work best) or safety pins.
- Hangers (plastic ONLY--no wire hangers). Pick up free by asking local retailers or online(ex: Old Navy, Facebook, Freecycle). WalMart, Dollar Tree and K-Mart also sell them cheap.
- Packing tape and/or painters tape.
- Zip loc bags of various sizes.
Items we accept:
Items must be clean, free of pet har & stains, odor & smoke free, and in good to excellent condition. Include batteries in items that require them.
Baskets (storage & decorative)
Clothing--all seasons (limited to 150 ladies & 150 mens maximum per seller; duplicate seller accounts will be deleted
Books Candles (unused) Clocks CD's (must be in original case and scratch free; do not tape shut...will be checked then we will tape closed) Dinnerware (minimum set of 4 & must be complete w/no chips, cracks etc.) DVD movies (must be in original case and scratch free; do not tape shut...will be checked then we will tape closed)
Fishing & hunting supplies (no guns or ammo)
Furniture (indoor & outdoor)
Glassware (if sets display idea is in box with top cut off so shoppers can see inside)
Holiday decor & accessories (if lighted all must work) Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving sell great!! Home accessories such as lamps, pictures, frames, paintings, mirrors, vases & wall hangings Home office and computer furniture
Knick Nacks, figurines, collectibles (clean, no nicks or worn out spots etc. We are VERY picky when it comes to these)
Luggage Outdoor furniture, entertaining & decorative items (flags, statues, iron works, garden creatures, sundials, rain guages, etc) Rugs: area & accent Scrapbooking, jewelry making, card making & other specialty craft supplies Serving & entertaining pieces (no chips or cracks)
Scarves, winter wear (gloves, mittens, etc)
Tools (clean, in working order and with all parts, cords, etc)
Items we DO NOT accept:
Items that are stained, broken, faded, dirty, stink, smell like smoke or pets, or an incomplete set. Mattresses Bedding (sheets, comforters, etc) Curtains, curtain rods and window treatments Brass items VHS movies Floral arrangements Electronics (telephones, answering machines, computers, blenders, coffee makers, toasters, etc). Appliances (refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, etc)
Clothing must be on hangers (plastic only--no wire hangers). You will not receive the hanger back after the sale so go cheap. Clothing is abundant so price competitively. The #1 complaint we hear from shoppers is that clothing is priced too high. Good rule of thumb with pricing clothing & accessories is 25 - 30% of retail (go higher up to 50% of retail if brand name, new with tags or specialty/seasonal item). Always ask yourself "How much would I pay for this?"
Use a safety pin or a tagging gun is preffered (fine fabric barbs) to secure the tag to the clothing. See our tagging supplies page to purchase tagging gun. Place pin or barb in the tag or seam of the item to prevent poking holes in the garment. Shoppers don't buy clothes with holes poked in them. See picture below. DO NOT use tape to secure tags to clothing. Clothing with taped tags will be rejected and we will ask you to secure them with safety pin or tagging gun.
Tagging non clothing items, home decor & furniture:
Do not tape tags to non-clothing items if you feel it may ruin the item or pull off the finish. Instead, you may punch a hole in the tag and use a zip tie or piece of yarn/string to secure the tag to the item. Or instead of clear packing tape use painters tape which is less damaging to remove after purchase. Just make sure the tag isn't going to fall off because if it does and you don't have a good description on the tag, we won't be able to re-secure it for you and the item will end up in the lost & found, unsold! DO NOT cover or tape over the barcode on the tag so that we can't scan your item to sell.
When tagging pictures, paintings etc., please place the tag on the front of the item. If space permits, we hope to hang them on the wall or a peg board to get you maximum exposure to sell these items. Otherwise they will be stacked together similar to an art store or expo.
Good rule of thumb with pricing of home decor is 25 - 30% of retail (go higher up to 50% of retail if high end item or new with tags). Furniture, depending on item popularity, condition & brand name can go from 30-50% of retail.
& Home Decor/Furniture Sale
clear out the clutter and turn it into cash!!
Wicomico Civic Center ~ Midway Room
500 Glen Avenue ~ Salisbury MD 21804
ONE DAY ONLY
October 14, 2017
9am - 3pm
Registration Deadline (info coming soon)
Tagging deadline (info coming soon)